Glam up the shady sites of your garden with subtle colours and soft lighting. These two characteristics bring out feelings of serenity as well as solitude in the garden. Let’s explore the many plant possibilities that you can combine in your shady backyard. Hosta 'Buckshaw Blue'
- This is one of the best perennial plants. Its serene deep blue-green, intensely thick & corrugated leaves make it a beautiful ornamental plant. Clump forming in nature the flowers of Hosta 'Buckshaw Blue' are trumpet, funnel or bell-shaped and appear on tall, sturdy stems. These may appear from spring to fall and may vary from lavender or white, depending on the type of variant. 'Mrs. Popple' Fuchsia
- It is indeed a rich bedecked plant. The lovely scarlet and purple flowers with deep green leaves make 'Mrs. Popple' Fuchsia a lovely feature plant to be placed on a partially shady border. The bushy and upright plant performs best in fertile, moist, and well-drained soil. It is a fast growing plant and flowers from June to October. Bleeding Heart
- Scientifically known as Dicentra spectabilis, the flowers from this beautiful perennial will add distinct and alluring colour to your garden. The plant is named "bleeding heart" because its flowers resemble tiny pink or white hearts signifying drops of blood at the bottom. English Ivy
- The evergreen foliage forms a carefree garden cover. Known as super climbers these grow best in moist and well-drained soil. English Ivy requires minimal care and hence can be planted in hard to reach areas as well. White Trillium
- These belong to the family of lilies and grow happily in the heavy, moist soil. Scientifically known as Trillium Grandiflorum, these charming plants feature three petals, lush white flowers with ruffled edges. Hydrangea
- The Hydrangea plants come in numerous varieties. These are the best flowering plants and can be grown in the afternoon shade. Lily of the Valley
- An ideal choice for small spaces, the Lily of the Valley is an old-fashioned perennial with bell-shaped flowers. These fragrant blooming plants grow in the deep shade of large trees and moist soil. It is an easy care plant and lance-shaped bright-green leaves. Foam Flower
- The perennial wildflowers are very colourful easy to grow. They form a shade loving groundcover. Optimum for growing in containers they have fragrant flowers and easily attract the birds.