Growing Salvia Red
Biological Name: Salvia splendens
Fill your garden beds and patios with these resplendent red flowers. Growing in profusion with erect spikes these flowers are available in purple, pink or white varieties and add a distinct appeal to the garden.
Tools needed to grow Salvia Plant:
How to plant Salvia:
- Sow the seeds about 6-8 weeks before the last spring.
- Avoid covering the seeds, as they need light to germinate.
- It takes about two weeks to grow.
- The germination temperature is 65 F to 70 F.
How to take care of Salvia Plant:
If you wish to prevent self-sowing, remove the deadhead flowers periodically.
Popular Varieties of Salvia Red Flower:
- Salsa: These are best grown during summer. They grow about 1.5′ tall. Flowers feature shades of red, purple, pink and white.
- Firecracker: Dwarf and compact, this variety blooms continuously and showcases blue, orange, white, pink and bicolor.
- Sizzler: Available in pastel shades of pink, red, purple and white these flowers look stunning in any arrangement.
- Bonfire: These bright red flowers bloom pretty late.
- Red Arrow: These spike-like brilliant red flowers bloom pretty early.