Top 10 Balcony plants to beautify your home
Don’t you love it when you have a thriving, modern garden on your balcony? One that gives you all the benefits of greenery without ever being cluttered or cumbersome. It just adds that extra layer of natural beauty to your home, providing freshness and color that just sets a balcony apart. But what are the right plants to pick for this balcony garden? They do need to be relatively easy to maintain and take the aesthetic of your home to the next level.
Well then, here’s your answer:
1) Tomatoes: Bright red and delicious, Tomatoes are perfect for the balcony because they need ample sunlight to grow. You can start eating fresh and healthy right from your home garden!
2) Rosemary: Incredibly aromatic and fairly heat tolerant, the Rosemary thrives in balcony gardens. It can add oodles of flavor to your home-cooked food while also positively affecting the atmosphere of your home.
3) Tulsi: This aromatic herb is known for its medicinal and culinary uses. Tulsi is a holy plant and also referred to as the King of Herbs. It is grown in almost every Hindu household in their balcony. Tulsi provides aid against headaches, cold and cough, malaria, and heart disease. Due to its metaphysical properties it is one of the most important ingredients of Ayurvedic medicines.
4) Mint: A staple of balcony gardens, Mint is a must-have if you want a beautiful and fragrant garden. Add it to your tea, garnish your desserts and flavor your soups – all without ever leaving your home for ingredients!
5) Coleus: Coleus plants are best known for their bright colors, and variety of foliage forms. They adjust beautifully to life in pots or planters and can be included in hanging pots too. Over-fertilizing makes their color dull. So be consistent and conservative.
6) Basil: A tinge of Basil never goes amiss with anything, even if it’s your home garden! It requires direct sunlight and is found in many balconies. Add it to your favorite pasta and you’ll find that secret authentic Italian taste in a homemade dish.
7) Lavender: What’s a garden without some sweet-smelling flora? Planting Lavenders will ensure that your balcony garden has a pop of color while a beautiful smell permeates through the entire house.
8) Pansy: Want a quick fix for morning breath? Then start growing some colorful pansies in your balcony gardens! These edible flowers will give you the fresh, minty breath that you want in the morning.
9)Petunia: Petunias are one of the most popular flowers and a definite choice when it comes to Indian homes. It can offer long term color in the summer landscape.
10) Chives: What can this simple but formidable herb not do? They add flavor to almost anything and don’t take up too much of your busy schedule to maintain either!
You now have all the knowledge that you need to start your own, beautiful balcony gardens that will surely be the envy of your neighbors! So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get planting!