1. Infestations are usually first noticed as a fluffy white wax produced in the leaf axils or other sheltered places on the plant.
2. This makes plants sticky and giving leaf and stem surfaces a blackened appearance.
3. Severe infestations will reduce plant vigour and stunt growth.
4. Heavy infestations may cause premature leaf fall.
5.Root mealybugs are also covered in a white waxy substance and found on plant roots.
1. Dead leaves and prunings should be removed as these may have mealybugs or eggs on them.
2. It can be simpler to dispose of heavily infested plants rather than try to eliminate mealybugs.
3.Plants in flower should not be sprayed due to the danger to pollinating insects.
Don’t miss our updates on gardening tips & best practices.
Welcome To Ugaoo!
Who else understands your love for gardening better than team Ugaoo? Come, let's join hands to create green spaces that speak volumes about your love for gardening. Our extensive product range, decent prices and presence in cities like Pune, Mumbai, Dehli, Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai, Hyderabad to name a few; will not only help you grow your own food, but will also assist in creating a greener India.