1. Tuberose:A strong scented flower locally known as ‘Rajanigandha’ or ‘Gulchhadi’. It is bulbous perennial plant that can be grown in pots near windows & balconies. Once planted it keeps on producing white fragrant flowers for 2-3 years.
2. Roses:Apart from looks & colors, Roses are known for their typical familiar fragrance. Some varieties of Roses, particularly the edible & local ones are exclusively grown for their petal perfume. Read more about Essential Tips on Growing Roses.
3. Jasmines:The most fragrant flowers that you can grow in your home garden are Jasmines. There are so many extremely popular species of Jasmines like Jai, Juhi, Bela, Mogara, Chameli etc. Most of them are perennial climbers & can be grown in big sized pots. Buy pots and planters online in india.
4. Parijat (Nyctanthes):This beautiful night-blooming shrub is mentioned in ancient Indian literature as well. Plant can be grown in pots if it is regularly pruned. The shrub blooms profusely at night and makes carpet flowers in the morning after dropping off.
5. Raat ki Rani (Cestrum):No fragrant garden in India is complete without this nocturnal beauty, the night-blooming Cestrum. This perennial shrub can be grown in pots; it flowers in cycles throughout the year.
6. Sweet pea:These tender climbing annuals are grown for their flower color & for their intense unique fragrance. Sweet peas can be grown by seed sowing. Click here to Buy Sweet Peas Seeds Online.
7. Champa:These are some of the best-smelling flowers. There are many small-sized, flowering trees in India referred to as ‘Champa’, which may or may not be botanically related. Notable genera are Magnolia, Michelia, Plumeria & many more.
8. Kewda (Ketaki):The great Indian Kewda is the most delightful, riches & powerful perfumes even when dried. Kewda plants is naturally grown in swampy areas in form of mini forests. It can be grown in large containers or at the corners of farmland.
9. Gardenia (Cape jasmine):These are beautiful evergreen shrubs that can be grown as houseplants. Plants bloom for long time with large, white flowers with sweet fragrance that can perfume an entire room. Buy more flower seeds online.
10. Sweet Alyssum:
This is sweet-smelling annual that can be grown by seeds. This plant requires plenty of sunlight for proper blooming. It can be grown in pots, flowerbeds & herbaceous borders. Click here to Buy Alyssum Seeds Online.
Apart from these, there are many other huge flowering trees in India that produce fragrant flowers as well. Browse through various tree seeds and grass seeds online.