Fruit Seeds Online
Growing fruit trees at home is not as difficult as everyone terms them to be, they are just like any other plant with a few specific requirements. Growing fruit trees from fruit seeds might be a long process but it can be equally rewarding.
While fruit trees can be grown from seeds of fruits, the chances of germination can be pretty low and the whole process can be disheartening. Ugaoo is one of the most trusted sellers of fruit seeds online. The seeds are non-GMO and completely organic and are harvested from the best quality samples for high yield and healthy produce.
So what sets apart growing fruit plants from growing ornamental plants in your home garden?
1. Fruit seeds need to be germinated in seedling pots in a mix of well-draining good quality cocopeat and vermicompost mixed in the ratio 1:1.
2. Before you sow fruit seeds, water the germination potting mix and let all the excess water drain out so that you are left with a moist but not soggy potting mix.
3. Push your fruit seeds into the cocopeat and vermicompost mix with your fingers. The seeds should be at the depth of twice the size of the fruits you want to grow.
4. For watermelon seeds
that are shaped like a water drop, make sure the pointy end faces upwards while the curved end is towards the bottom.
5. For papaya seeds
that are round in shape the direction of seed sowing doesn't have an impact.
6. Make sure that you do not compress the mix on top of the seeds but keep it loosely packed.
7. Keep the seedling tray
in a well ventilated and warm place indoors and do not let the top soil dry out.
8. Use a spoon or a misting spray to wet the potting mix
and keep it moist.
9. After a few weeks you will see the seeds sprout and show their first set of leaves. At this point shift your germinating fruit seeds to an area that is well-ventilated and gets plenty of indirect light through the day. For eg a window sill or a shelf in a north or east facing balcony.
10. Keep the potting mix moist at all times to ensure that your germinating fruit seeds does not die of dehydration.
11. Once the fruit saplings it thrice the height of the seedling pot, move it to a bigger planter. You can use either a slightly larger planter (4 to 6 inches) or transfer it to its final planter ( 12 inches by 18 inches depth)
12. Use a potting mix that is equal quantities Ugaoo garden soil
, Ugaoo vermicompost
, and Ugaoo cocopeat
13. Make sure your fruit plant gets at least 5-6 hours of sunlight and introduce it to the sun gradually to avoid dieback of fruit plants.
14. Keep the soil moist at all times but not soggy. Give your plants grown from watermelon seeds a trellis to grow and do not prune your plants grown from papaya seeds.
Fruit seeds online India
The harvesting time for all fruit seeds for sale differs from species to species.
is a trusted seller of fruit seeds online India and sells the best quality fruit seeds for the same.