Sales Manager - General Trade
Full Time | On-Site | Pune | Posted on 23rd December
We are a young dynamic team obsessed with the world of gardening and taking it to people. As a top emerging brand fuelling India’s new-found love for gardening, we are invested in being the best aid to existing gardeners as well as the newbies who step into this world every single day.
We owe our success to a team of people who care about each part of the process – from horticultural experts to customer delight. Our inclusive environment inspires our tribe to do better, experiment more, collaborate, and feel more encouraged to share their ideas. As we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for problem-solving & big thinkers to come aboard!
About the opportunity:
The candidate for this position will excel at creating and closing new opportunities. By using a consultative approach to selling of seeds and fertilizers/Manures to distributors, dealers and nurseries, this person will use their expertise to identify and qualify leads, leading to sales opportunities with both new and existing customers.
- Meet and exceed GT sales targets for Ugaoo seeds & fertilizers/ Manures.
- Appointment of distributors as well as retailers for the entire area
- Development and Implementation of Dealer promotional schemes. Successfully launched new products and achievement of targets.
- Successfully create business from new and existing customer accounts.
- Build rapport and establish long term relationships with dealers and distributors. Build a plan for sales territory growth and manage the budget, forecasting, and analysis for your region.
- Develop annual business plans that optimize growth and profitability for the territory.
- Establish and meet sales goals through marketing, networking, and building your knowledge of the products and market. Managing end to end collection for the allocated accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture preferred.
- Must have 4 years of experience in Sales & Collections of Seeds, fertilizers/Manures in Pune Region.
- Must have a vehicle to travel for 6 days a week.
- Knowledge of local geography is a must.
- Candidates should be presentable with good communication skills.
If you love plants, the world of e-commerce and super-passionate teams, we may be just the right fit for you. Side note – your home will look great once you join us