But before you dive in with your containers, seeds, soil and tools, let’s first understand the amazing benefits of container gardening.
Benefits of Container Gardening:
- No space constraints! You can start your garden in your compact apartment too
- You can garden irrespective of time and place
- New to gardening? No issue. Container Gardening is ideal for novice gardeners
- You can quickly bring the garden indoors
- Enjoy no-till, hassle-free gardening
- Save water and fertilizers. Be a responsible gardener
- Pest control is incredibly easy
- In Case of vertical garden, you can adjust the height of your garden
- Harvesting is a breeze
- You can adjust and monitor the growing conditions
- You can freely choose your favorite growing medium
- You can do instant and visually enticing makeovers
- You can customize your garden according to the season
- You can brighten up dark corners in your house NATURALLY!
How to Start Container Gardening?
1. Start gardening on any containers you have:
Not that you only need to buy pots from a shop. You can use any container in which planting is possible. If you had a recent coloring job done at your home, then you can use those color buckets for planting. You can even use jars, mugs and other containers and decorate them to match the theme of your home. The only point to consider is to scrub and clean those containers so that the bacteria do not harm plants or the soil.
2. Adorn your windows and tables:
The best thing about container gardening is that you can place them at places which are not accessed. You can use your windows including kitchen windows or areas where enough sunlight occurs to keep them nourished. You can use bonsai trees to decorate a centre table or at displays with trees that can flourish in an indoor environment. This enhances the overall look and feel of your home.
3. Decorate your kitchen:
Use creative ideas from the scrap kept in your storeroom. Or you can use glasses or vase to plant chives or flower plants that look elegant and amazing on the kitchen platform. Read about deck pots for kitchen garden.
4. Hanging pots:
Flowering plants, herb plants and even vegetable plants can grow in hanging pots which can be fixed at your window or ceiling of your kitchen or hall room. There is no restriction to your thoughts. So let it fly and in return bring to you some fantastic ideas that you can implement to make your home look beautiful.
Buy hanging pots online in India.
5. Welcome plants at the entrance:
Now welcome your guests at your entrance and let them awestruck with the spectacular ambience that these door plants offer. If you have stairs outside your home, use beautiful flower plants at every step to make the entrance dramatic. If not stairs, you can use show plants on both the sides of your door, inside or outside.
Buy Indoor plants online in India.
6. Use recycled, waste or broken toys as garden pots:
For small show plants, you can always use broken or waste toys or recycled bottles or other containers and turn them into gardening pots. You can place them on display with a light bulb that will work as a replacement to sunlight. You can use your kid’s truck toy or something in which you can add soil and start planting. Read more to know about how plastic bottle can be turned into containers.
Buy pots and planters online in India.
Have more Container Gardening ideas? Feel free to leave your comment.