The best examples are Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage as they do not need too much care and attention; a little at the beginning and they're then settled. When you think of Herbs for Christmas, consider scrumptious stuffing with sage, parsley, thyme, rosemary and cinnamon that compliment both veg and non-veg food. Buy herbs online in India.
Can’t resist to explore the complete list of a chef’s favorite superstar herbs? Well, wait no more.
Also, we have jotted a few herb integrated recipes that would add to your Christmas carousel.
Rosemary traces its origin to the Mediterranean. Since ages it has been used in meats, complemented with sour lemons and added to desserts because of its spicy and warm flavor. The key to using Rosemary is, chop it extremely fine and then add it to your recipes. This Christmas, let’s make a Rosemary infused drink!
- 3/4 cup fruit juice or pear nectar
- Six sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Chilled 750-ml sparkling wine
- Divide champagne into six glasses.
- Add two tablespoons pear nectar into each
- Place one rosemary sprig in each glass and add wine
- Serve immediately
This green wonder is also known as the ‘Guardian of Herbs.’ Loaded with Vitamin B, C, and K, it also contains calcium, iron, mineral, zinc and magnesium. It is used both fresh and dry to garnish salads or prepare a healthy drink. Wonder how you can use Sage this Christmas? How about preparing Sage and Onion Stuffed balls as an appetizer?
- 40g butter
- One large onion, finely chopped
- 700g pork sausage meat
- 150g white breadcrumbs
- One large lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp cooking/vegetable oil
- Melt the butter over medium heat
- Add the onion and saute for 8-10 minutes
- Stir in the remaining stuffing ingredients
- Add vegetable oil when the mixture is well combined
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Grease your palms and divide the mixture 16 equally-sized balls
- Place the balls on a greased baking tray, and cover with butter paper or coating sheet
- Let it chill for half an hour in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Before baking them, fry them in a pan for 4–5 minutes, until golden on both the sides
- Return the fried balls to the baking tray
- Bake them for 20–25 minutes
- Serve with roast meat
Thyme is a little herb, but it is one of the most powerful. It energizes, increases blood circulation, combat anxiety, tension, and depression. High in potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and vitamins you cannot miss adding it to your Christmas special recipes. Wouldn't you like to bake some Thyme cookies?
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- One tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- Two teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Green sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat butter for 30 seconds
- Add sugar and beat until it combines thoroughly
- Add thyme, lemon peel, and lemon juice to the blend
- Beat in the flour and knead to make smooth dough
- Divide the dough into three portions. Then make rectangles of each portion and cut it into small squares using a pastry wheel
- Place these on an ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake bottoms are light brown
- Leave to cool and then serve
Do you know that Parsley has been used for more than 2000 years? It is rich in chlorophyll, vital vitamins, and minerals. The herb helps combat arthritis, bloating, blood pressure and is used for detoxifying the body, cleansing, and oxygenating the blood. Moreover, when added to the dishes, Parsley lends it a fantastic color.
Lemon-Parsley Risotto Ingredients
- Three tablespoons unsalted butter
- Small yellow onion
- 2 cups rice
- One cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice k
- Black pepper
- Grated lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute
- Reduce heat, add the wine
- Add the broth and cook for 30 minutes total. The rice should be half cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and the remaining butter
- Serve it in bowls and sprinkle generously with the zest and parsley.
This is a champion spice of Christmas food. From bakery products, applesauce to warm drinks it is found everywhere. Besides adding flavor and aroma, this herb is highly efficient when it comes to providing aid for indigestion and nausea. So, if you have overeaten, mix 3-4 cinnamon sticks in 2 cups of water and get rid of all the discomfort.
Easy Cinnamon Bread Ingredients
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- One tablespoon cinnamon
- One cup sugar
- Eight tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- Heat oven to 375° F
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on a plate
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar. Dip each ball in the butter, then in the cinnamon sugar and transfer them to a buttered pan
- Drizzle extra butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- Transfer to a plate and serve
Let us know what you are cooking for Christmas. We would love to join you for the celebrations.