So, to encourage you to plant from the start, we have a list of 14 annuals that you can start from seed, and it won't be too daunting of a task either!
1) Marigold: Growing very easily and quickly this flower can light up any corner of your garden, with minimal effort and maintenance from your end.
2) Sweet Peas: Only slightly complicated during the sowing process, growing sweet peas will be a walk in the park once you are past that! And their fragrance is truly something as are the many colors.
3) Sunflowers: Bring a little yellow to your garden by growing this fabulous flower, which barely requires inputs from you. Just give it support and watch it grow tall!
4) Pansy: Colors, colors everywhere when you decide to grow pansies. These flowers will cheer you up as soon as they bloom!
5) Fuchsia: For those looking to start a hanging garden section as well, the Fuchsia is your perfect companion. It grows well in hanging baskets and in a variety of shapes.
6) Rudbeckia: Grow this unique flower as a border plant and you've got yourself a garden lined with beautiful daisy-like plants. It's also known as the Black-eyed Susan.
7) Verbena: A flower that is sure to attract excellent pollinators like butterflies, the verbena exudes a very delicious and fragrant scent. It also comes in many colors.
8) Veronica (Veronica spicata): Give some height to your garden by growing magnificent spires of the star shaped and violet colored Veronica spicata.
9) Yarrow: Growing in clusters of flat-top shaped pink flowers the yarrow is a fragrant flower that will multiply your efforts by spreading lovely colors everywhere pretty fast.
10) Maiden Pinks (Dianthus deltoides): A low growing flower, it is the perfect choice for those looking to create their very own rock gardens in the backyard.
11) Blanket Flower: A popular addition to most fragrant bouquets, the Blanket Flower produces bright green foliage and large daisy-like flowers that come in either yellow, orange or red.
12) Sweet William Mixture (Dianthus): Producing carnation-like flowers that are either white, pink or red and grow close to the ground, this flower provides the ideal blossoms for cutting.
13) Alyssum: Popularly known as Sweet Alison, because of its incredibly fragrant and elegant snow-white blossoms. It is also available in yellow, blue, pink and purple.
14) Chrysanthemum: One of the most well-known and most beloved flowers found in any garden, the Chrysanthemum, with its many colored puff-like flowers is a favorite.
Take your pick; you're sure to love any and all of these annuals!