1) Red and Green Leaf Lettuce: You’ve probably seen them in your salad bowl but did you know two cups can provide you a day’s worth of vitamin K? The darker the leaf, the more nutrition it has!
2) Spinach: Not just Popeye’s favorite, it should be yours too! Your source of vitamins A and C, it also gives your weight training a boost by providing you with over 6mg of muscle mineral.
3) Mustard Greens: The leaves of the same plant that produce mustard seeds, Mustard greens contain nutrients that boost your eye and bone health. They also help in detoxifying the body and protecting the liver.
4) Broccoli: Infamous among children, nonetheless the Broccoli is an essential part of any diet. Containing generous amounts of potassium, folate and Vitamin A and C, it is your pathway to a healthier lifestyle.
5) Chinese Cabbage: A brilliant source of calcium and iron, the Chinese Cabbage has the ability to reduce the onset of heart-related illnesses. Incredibly flexible, it can be sauteed, shredded, eaten raw, stir-fried, etc. to bring out the flavor you want.
6) Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds and leaves have a strong aroma. This green vegetable helps in reducing cholesterol level, reduces the risk of heart disease & controls blood sugar levels. It also has a high amount of potassium that helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
7) Amaranth: The seeds of the amaranth plant have been valued for thousands of years. Both its leaves and the seeds have amazing medicinal properties. Its high protein content makes it a crucial nutrient source. It also helps in bone development as it is rich in calcium.8) Green onion(leek): The green onion's medicinal part is its stem. It is an excellent appetizer, and it contains vitamin A & C. The white part of it has calcium, too. The fiber in onions promotes healthy digestion.9) Coriander: Coriander has a multifaceted flavor profile and can be used in various recipes. It's a great herb to boost the nervous system. The fat-soluble vitamin and antioxidant- Vitamin A, protects from lung and cavity cancers.
10) Dill leaves: Dill (Anethum graveolens) has been known as a herb that can provide a high amount of health benefits. Dill is well known for its dietary fiber and flavonoid content. It helps in curing insomnia.
Just add these top 10 leafy greens to your diet and you feel the benefits throughout your body. It will soon come to be one of the best decisions that you’ve ever made!